Prof. Dr. Md. Ismail Khan joined as Vice Chancellor of newly established Chittagong Medical University on 14th May, 2017.Before joining CMU he was the Principal of Dhaka Medical College and also was Dean; Faculty of Medicine of Dhaka University. He has been involved in teaching profession for thirty years as a teacher of Pharmacology at different Medical colleges in Bangladesh and also in University of Science, Malaysia (USM).
- Graduate Diploma in Health Professional Education (GDHP Ed), University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney, Australia. (1998)
- M. Phil (Pharmacology) in IPGMR (Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University)), Dhaka. (1993)
- M.B.B.S, Chittagong Medical College, Chittagong University. (1984)
- H.S.C : First Division, Chittagong College, Comilla Board (1977)
- S.S.C : First Division with 4 letter, Comilla board (1975)
- Joined as Vice Chancellor of newly established Chittagong Medical University since 14th May, 2017
- Dean of Faculty of Medicine, Dhaka University, from October 2010 to May 2017.
- Worked as Principal/Vice Principal/Professor of Pharmacology in Dhaka Medical College from April 2009 to May 2017.
- Teacher of Pharmacology for 03 (three) years in University Science Malaysia (USM) in Malaysia from 2004 to 2006 (in Lien).
- Teacher of Pharmacology in Different Medical Colleges in Bangladesh from 1988 as Lecturer / Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor.
Current Assignment :
- Vice Chancellor, Chittagong Medical University
- Syndicate & Senate Member, Dhaka University, Dhaka.
- EC Member, Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC)
- EC Member, Bangladesh Medical & Research Council (BMRC)
Journals / Book :
Member, Editorial Board of Bangladesh National Formulary (BDNF).
List of Publications :
- Khan MI. Pharmacoeconomics and Rational Drug Therapy. J Dhaka Medical College 2009: 18 (2). Editorial: 91-93.
- Khan MI & Nazma Ara. Promoting Rational Prescribing Among Medical Practitioners. Bangladesh Medical Journal 2011; 40 (2). Editorial
- Khan MI. The Employer-Employee and Teacher-Student Relationship. J Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College June 2009: 1(1). Editorial: 1
- Khan MI. Medical Professionalism: Role of Academic Institution. J Comilla Med Coll Teach Assoc January 2003; Vol 5 No 1. Editorial:3-4
- Khan MI. Moment of Truth: Drug Safety. J Medical Teachers Federation 2001; 6(2); Editorial: 27-28
- Khan MI. Rational Drug Use: Teaching of Pharmacotherapy. Bangladesh Medical Journal 1999; 28(1&2); The Editorial: 2
- Khan MI. Challenges in Medical Education. “Health Sciences” The Journal of Popular Medical College; January 2011 1(1). Editorial
- Choudhury SAR & Khan MI. Teaching of Clinical Pharmacology in Medical Education. Bangladesh Journal of Physiol Pharmacol 1996; 12(1): 21-24
- Chowdhury FR, Bari MS & Khan MI. Implementation of National Drug Policy in Different Countries: An Appraisal and Experience from Bangladesh. Journal of Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons 2011; 29(3); 177-179
- Khan MI, Rashid HU, Hussain RM & Choudhury SAR. Elimination of Metabolic Waste Products by Oral Activated Charcoal on Cyclosporin-induced Renal Failure in Rats. Bangladesh Journal of Physiol Pharmacol 1994; 10(1): 34-36.
- Karim MR, Khan MI, Rahman MM & Chowdhury MAR. The in vivo sensitivity of Plasmodium Falciparum to Chloroquine in Children of Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. Bangladesh Medical Journal 1997; 26(1&2): 19-24
- Karim MR, Islam MN, Khan MI, Kashem A, Rahman MM & Chowdhury MAR. A randomized Clinical Trial of Intramuscular Artemether versus Intravenous Quinine in the Treatment of Severe Malaria in Children. Bangladesh Medical Journal 2004; Vol 33 No 2: 39-44
- Islam MM, Khan MI & Choudhury SAR. Protective Effect of Eclipta Alba (Kesaraj) on Paracetamol-induced Acute Liver Damage. Bangladesh Journal of Physiol Pharmacol 1999; 25(2): 58-61
- Islam MM, Khan MI & Choudhury SAR. The Protective Effect of Alpha-Tocopherol on Paracetamol-induced Acute Liver Damage in Rats. Bangladesh Journal of Physiol Pharmacol 2000; 16(2): 63-66
- Islam AFMS, Rahman MS, Choudhury SAR, Alam T & Khan MI. Inhibition of Ovarian Compensatory Hypertrophy by Arecoline in Adult Female Mice. Bangladesh Medical Journal 1993; 22(1&2): 11-17
- Nargis T, Chowdhury M, Haque ATME & Khan MI. Knowledge About family Planning among the Unmarried female College Students in Urban and Rural area. J Medical Teachers Federation 2000; 52; 27-28
- Rahman MH, Hossain MZ, Rahman MA & Khan MI. Effect of Captopril on Gentamicin induced Nephrotoxicity in Rats. J Dhaka Med Coll 2009 April; 18(1)
- Begum T, Parveen F, Khan I, Ara F, Shana RR & Iqbal JU. Measurement of Antibiotic Utilization in the Internal Medicine Ward of a Tertiary Hospital in Bangladesh. Bangladesh Medical Journal 2010; 39(2): 11-15
- Begum T, Khan MI, Ara F, Iqbal JU, Kawser S & Akter P. Antibiotic Utilization Pattern in the Internal Medicine Ward of a Tertiary Hospital in Bangladesh. Sir Salimullah Med Coll J 201119: 15-19
- Mahid Al Hasan SMM, Khan MI & Umar BU. Effect of Ethanolic Extract of Swietenia Mahagoni Seeds on Experimentally Induced Diabetes Mellitus in Rats. Faridpur Medical College Journal July 2011; 6(2)
- Islam MR, Khan MI, Attia J, Hassan SMN, McEvoy M, D’Este C, Azim S, Akhter A, Akter S, Shahidullah SM and Milton AH. Association between Hypertension and Chronic Arsenic Exposure in Drinking Water: A Cross-Sectional Study in Bangladesh. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2012.
- Islam MR, Khan MI, Hassan SMN, McEvoy M, D’Este C, Attia J, Peel R, Sultana M, Akter S and Milton AH. Association between type 2 diabetes and chronic arsenic exposure in drinking water: A cross sectional study in Bangladesh. Environmental Health 2012, 1138.
- Selina Sultana, Shakil Akhter & Khan MI. Anti-Hyperlipidemic Action of Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Juice in Alloxan Induced Diabetic Rats. Ibrahim Med Coll J 2012; 6(2)
- Hasan SMMMA, Khan MI, Umar MU & Sadeque MZ. Comparive Study of the Effect of Ethanolic Extract of Swietenia Mahagoni Seeds with Rosiglitazone on Experimentally Induced Diabetes Mellitus in Rats. Bangladesh Med Res Counc Bull April 2013; 39 (1)
- Begum T, Khan MI, Kawser S, Huq ME, Majid N & Akhter A. An Audit of Rational Drug Use of Antibiotics in a Tertiary Hospital. Delta Medical College Journal July 2014; 2(2)
- Nahar N, Khan TH, Banu LA, Khan MI & Hossaim AM. Perceptions of Medical Practitioner Regarding Adverse Drug Reactions Reporting and Pharmacovigilance. J Shaheed Suhrawardy Med Coll June 2014; 6(1).
- Bakshi L, Begum HA, Khan I, Dey SK, Bhattacharjee M, Bakshi MK, Dey S, Habib A & Barman KK. Comparative Study of Clinical and Sonographic Estimation of Foetal Weight at Term. Mymensingh Med J 2015 Jul; 24(3)
- Rahman MR, Khan I, Parveen F, Aktar, Haque M & Sharmin ZR. Comparative Study of Aqueous Extract of Azadirachta Indica (Neem) with Omeprazole on Ethanol Induced Lesion in Rats. Green Life Medical College Journal 2016; 1 (1)
- Sultana N, Khan MI, Ahmed N, Akhtar MS, Momtaz A. Comparative Gastro-Protective Effects of Nigella Sativa (Kalojira) and Omeprazole against Aspirin Induced Gastric Ulcer in Albino Rats. Delta Med Col J July 2016; 4(2)
- Quadir R, Khan MI, Eva EO, Rahman H, Ahasan F, Sasan MJ. The Effect of Nigella Sativa Linn (Kalajira) Extract on Gentamicin- Induced Nephrotoxicity in experimental rats. Journal of Dhaka Medical College October 2016, Volume 25, Number 2
- Zahan T, Bhuiyan MM, Khan MI. Patterns of Prescription of Private Practitioners in Bangladesh. Journal of Dhaka Medical College April 2017, Volume 26, Number 1
Powered by Froala Editor